Thursday, June 3, 2010

Desert Heat

Oh man, I was going to post something silly and short but then realized I never recapped my weekend.

So I got an email Friday afternoon from Amanda asking if I wanted to join her and Erin for a trip to Joshua Tree the next day. I had always wanted to go to Joshua Tree before but just never have. I had a few plans for the weekend but I canceled them and hopped a ride Saturday morning to the desert. We got to the park in the afternoon and walked around different parts of of the park. It was stunning. I just love the beauty of the desert. After a few hours at the park we headed to the hotel made some margaritas and set out for the pool. It was the saddest little parking lot pool you have ever seen, we chose the hot tub which was approximately the same size. We had some girl talk that was one for the record books haha. After that we got ready and went to Pappy's and Herriot's for dinner and drinks. That place was AMAZING! Perhaps my new favorite bar. Unfortunately we weren't able to get a table but we ate dinner at the bar. There was a wonderful live honky tonk band and people dancing the 2 step. A man asked me to dance and I was pretty sad to say no because I really just haven't the slightest idea how to do that. Amanda and Erin played pool but I stayed and listened to the band and drank my old fashioned. The next morning we stopped in a cute little cafe in town for some yummy breakfast and then headed to Palm Springs for a bit before driving home. It was the perfect last minute Memorial Day trip.

No comments: