Thursday, April 29, 2010

Health and Wellness

My dad was taken from the dialyses center to the ER again yesterday and then transferred to the Santa Barbabra hospital. Thankfully he is back home again today. I was pretty worried last night and didn't get much sleep. I've been working pretty hard at the gym this week. I realize most my body insecurities come from my mother's obsession with my weight and critical growing up. I also sort of realize now that in her heart she was just trying to keep me healthy so I don't end up in the same situation as my dad. I do appreciate now that she taught me about nutrition and exercise because in the end they are really important. Tack has just never been something she was terribly good at. Seeing all the pain and suffering my dad is going through now really motivates me to take good care of myself now.

No comments: