Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nice Form

I am sort of proud of myself tonight. A few months back Kristen had a dress form that someone gave her and she asked if I wanted it. I have only used it a little bit sense then with some minor fit corrections but I can't actually drape on it and use it in the fashion I need to because it is one of those adjustable forms that once you adjust it gets gaping holes in the cracks which is impossible to work over. It also doesn't have padding so you can't push pins into it. I'm not really sure how people can really use these forms. Well tonight I got some foam and molded and sewed a foam cover onto the form that I can push pins into and covers the holes after I adjusted it to my measurements. Then I could accurately mark center front and bust, waist, and hips. I can't believe it actually worked, I'm totally excited! Hooray for an actually productive evening, I haven't had one in awhile.


No comments: