Friday, January 8, 2010

Dear Addy

I went to school with a girl named Abby that was a grade above me. Before Facebook all we had were yearbooks to secretly look people up with. One day I noticed she had a sister in the same grade that looked just like her named Addy. I assumed they were identical twins. I never really knew her but I saw them around a lot for a few years and always wondered which one was which. One day I was talking to one of them when I asked which twin she was. She looked at me so perplexed and said she didn't have a twin. I built this twin out of my imagination because my dyslexic brain kept flipping the the b to a d in the name Abby. I totally forgot about this but then I heard the name Addie the other day and I felt flush with embarrassment for creating a fictional twin.

No comments: