Sunday, December 13, 2009

Staged

Despite the car issues and all that went along with that this week had some pretty fun times. On Wednesday night I went to see Grand Guignoler ABSINTHE OPIUM & MAGIC: 1920s SHANGHAI show which was so much fun.

It was a cocktail and/or vintage attire 1920s luxury cruise to Shanghai themed night. With a pre-show of Flashlight Follies, and absinthe & tea tastings. The first act were Sing Song girls (Chinese geishas) and The Green Gang in Sing Song Girl Sing Last Song, a dancing/brawling movement based melodrama. My favorite was the absinthe fueled hallucinations of The Sorcerer’s Apprentice skit that included a giant murderous bunny. There was also a puppet act that was hilarious. It is petty hard for me to briefly sum this up but it was so entertaining and I will for sure check out other shows by this theater group. The show is running through Jan 3rd and I totally recommend it. http://www.grandguignolers.com/

On Thursday night I caught Frank's "Lost Moon Radio" Christmas show. It was so funny and the first Christmasy thing I've done this year. Here is one of the songs from the show. So funny. There are a few more shows left I also totally recommend catching this


Then last night I went to Amanda's annual wine and cheese party. It is one of my favorite events all year and I had such a delightful time.




No comments: