Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Old Dog Meets New Trick

I should be at work right now but alas I am at home. Getting in my car this morning my steering wheel locked up on me. Luckily I was only a block from the dealership and was able to get it there. Feeling pretty good about that extended warranty right now. I'm stuck at home until they call me. I feel like I've spent more time away from work on car repairs over the years then I have on vacation time. Which is only because I've only taken 2 weeks off work sense graduation. Which I'm perfectly aware is not healthy.

Anyways I am spending this time reading about the manual side of my camera right now. I have been using it on automatic lately. The problem with manual and turning off the automatic settings is the assumption that I know better then my camera does on what settings to use, which I don't, my camera is much much smarter then me. But then I also know I will never become smart enough to know what creative settings I would like unless I start using manual modes. I think it has been far too long sense I learned a new skill and I am a bit rusty, sad.

No comments: