Monday, March 16, 2009

Wild Ride

I feel like I should tell the story of the last few days, though I will keep it short.

On Thursday I got home from the gym and was eating a big old brownie in my PJs when I got a loud knock on my door. It was Doug and he told me to put on my shoes because he wanted to show me something. I went outside and in front of my apartment was a shiny motorcycle he just bought. He had told me before that he was taking classes for something but wouldn't tell me what for. Turns out he was taking classes to get the bike. I admit I was nervous for him as well because I know how accident prone he is. At the same time my dad talks about his time with his motorcycle as one of his favorite so I was also excited for him. The next night I get a call from him from the ER where he was rushed too after being hit by a car. He shattered his leg and was going into surgery and in a lot of pain. I was so taken aback that I physically couldn't stop shaking. I went to visit him on Saturday and Sunday. He had his second surgery today and from what I heard it went well. It has been very lovely to see everyone coming together for all their well wishes and help. For as awful as this has been I am very thankful that it wasn't worse and touched by peoples kindness.

1 comment:

Lindsalon said...

oh my god, those goddamn motorcycles, I am so sorry! I hope his leg is going to be all right. so scary.