Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Head Case

Today I was having one of those lame arguments in your head. Well, I'm guessing other people do this, it seems rather likely. You know when something is irking you and you argue with the person about it in your head as both you and the other person. Hey, at least I try to be fair to the other person and they usually get in some great shots at me. Anyways I was also thinking that I am way more blunt and harsh in my head. I started to wonder why in my head me and real life me had to be so different. Maybe real me should step it up and be more like in my head me. I was thinking this all while grocery shopping. The lady in front of me in line stated that she had just gotten out of surgery and she wasn't her self at all today. Then she got so overly dramatic about it and started letting everyone know and wouldn't stop complaining to the cashier. She was holding up the line with her dramatic act for attention and finally another cashier came and took me to another line so I could check out. It made me realize that though her original complaint was valid and I felt for her being out and about after surgery her overly dramatic act made me care less and even be annoyed with her. I think this is a good example of why in my head me should be different then real me. I think there is way more room to be more dramatic and overindulgent in your head. When dealing with real people it is best to tune it down a bit if you want your point to be taken seriously.

2 comments:

Zach said...

I DISAGREE ENTIRELY! HOW COULD YOU DENY YOUR INNER MIND!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING OVER DRAMATIC! YOU'RE TAKING ME SERIOUSLY RIGHT NOW, RIGHT?! RIGHT??!!

Hollywood said...

I agree. Though head me is often much funnier...and hurtful.