Monday, April 13, 2009

Bunny Picnic

My weekend was so lovely that it up and broke my camera. Or actually I broke my camera like an idiot. I did mange to take a few photos before it bit the big one. Let me start from the beginning though.

On Friday night I took the metro with Amanda to LA Live downtown. We met up with some peeps and ate at The Yardhouse. I had the most amazing grilled cheese with tomato and avocado, yum! Then we watched Leonard Cohen at the Nokia Theater. I had really wanted to go to this show but couldn't find a ticket under $100. A few days before the show Amanda calls me up with free tickets she won from KCRW. I was so excited. The show was 3 1/2 hours long of just Leonard and no opening band. I'm so impressed that this man in his 70's is such an amazing performer and funny. I had this asshole sitting next to me that would not get off his phone. At first he was talking on it in a low voice during the show so we kept giving him dirty looks so he cut it back to holding the phone up to his ear and talking in-between songs only, which was still annoying as hell. Finally Amanda said out loud "I can't believe this guy" and I said "I know, it is like he is incapable of removing himself from his phone." He then hung up the phone for awhile but started to pick it up to text which was also annoying so I held my coat up between him and I so I didn't see the light, he go the hint. What a jerk face! People have serious phone additions these days.

Saturday was my lazy day.

Sunday I went to an Easter picnic in the park and enjoyed the sun. Doug finally came out of the house and I failed at trying to wheel him in his wheelchair through the grass. Lucky for me there were strange big strong men in the park willing to help me. In the evening I went to Angie's to decorate eggs and I got to play with her two adorable bunnies. It really was such a delightful weekend. Though getting up at the crack of dawn to get my oil changed before work this morning was AWFUL!






1 comment:

Angie said...

Yay for great weekends! Thanks for coming over - glad you had a good time :) The bunnies (Moxie especially) say Hello :)