Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sleep, Eat, and be Merry

Lovely weekend, I don't really understand how I could sleep so much and still be tired though. On Friday we celebrated Liz's birthday. I made these lemon squares but I had to fudge some of the ingredients and the size pan I was using. All of that equaled disaster squares that didn't actually form anything but yummy lemon crumbs. They tasted good but I couldn't bring myself to take them to the party because I wasn't really sure how anyone would be able to eat them. On Saturday after I got up a little after noon I used all the left over lemons that I had bought to make the squares and squeezed them adding sugar and water to make lemonade. I've actually never made lemonade before and it is pretty much the best thing ever. I've been putting a glass in the freezer so it freezes to the point of being slushy. It is so good! I've been eating lemon squares and drinking lemonade all weekend. I also made yellow cupcakes on Saturday for Maureen's going away party. They weren't lemon flavored but I added yellow food dye and sprinkles to make them pretty. I hung out at the Hollywood house for Maureen's party till 4, then I staggered home and slept for the most part of today. I woke-up walked around and nursed myself with a giant iced coffee that made me feel worlds better. I headed over to Doug's and we watched The Assassination of Jesse James. I've had this netflix sitting at home for weeks now but I've never found three hours to just sit and watch it. That is such a long ass movie. It was very pretty and I really liked the music a lot and there was some good acting in it. I think it could have been edited better. Three hours was just unnecessary and I felt bored at parts that dragged. Then I dropped Doug off at the airport. He is flying home for his stepmom's funeral. So that is my weekend. Here is the birthday girl Liz having a fun time at her party. More photos on my flickr page if you ant to take a look.


No comments: