Monday, July 14, 2008

Oh My July

July is kicking my ass. Work has been busy with market starting in less then a week. Tomorrow I have to get be at work super early and then it goes late with a dinner in the evening. I'll be flying off later this week and working through the weekend, getting back in town late Tuesday night and right back to work Wednesday morning. I can't wait for July 26th which will be the end of my crazy July and a weekend I will dedicate to rest. I should write a little about my weekend Vegas trip.

We left on Friday evening. I tried to get to Lindsey's early but traffic was awful and I ended up getting there right on time which I guess is better then late. Lindsay bought Sprinkles doughnuts which was great because I was starving. When we were just past the state line and getting close to Vegas there was the most incredible lightening show. The desert can be such a beautiful and strange place with such erratic weather. We drove into town and everything was wet from the rain. We got into our hotel room and had a drink and unpacked. We ended up just hanging out in the room.

In the morning we headed to the pool. It was lightly sprinkling outside so there wasn't too many people out there. We set up on some chairs by the wave pool. They had sand all along the pool side so it resembled a beach. The wave pool was lots of fun and we tried to body surf which was hard because the lifeguards tried to keep everyone behind the line where the waves broke which I didn't completely understand and they kept yelling and blowing their whistles every time you crossed the line. They had this really cool lazy river that went in circles. You could rent an innertube and float around in it, or you could be like us and just float without an innertube. We spent the whole day at the pool. I was so worried that I would get burned that I kept reapplying sunblock about 5 times. I don't think I ended up getting any sun haha. I saw two women wearing swimsuits that I worked on from our line. Las Vegas is such great people watching and the pool was an amazing place.

We headed back to the room and showered. Afterwards we went to the Urban Outfitters inside the hotel. I bought a little green hat. We went into a few shops then headed back to the room to get ready for dinner. All of us ladies looked so fancy especially Lindsey in her adorable yellow dress. I will have to post a group shot later. We ate dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant outside. After dinner we took a taxi to a club, I believe it was called Jet. There was good dancing times in the club. I was a big party pooper because guys that I don't know dancing on me really freaks me out and I run away and start dancing some place else. I feel like I was probably really annoying and not a good sport but I can't help but shut down when my comfort level is crossed. Jesse, Agata, and I got tired and headed back to the hotel. In the morning we packed up and headed back to LA with a stop off at Bob's Big Boy!

I'm so tired at work today even though I got plenty of sleep last night and I really didn't drink or do anything crazy this weekend.

No comments: