Sunday, July 6, 2008

From Sea to Shining Sea

This is the first 4th of July I haven't had to work in awhile. It is so nice to have a three day weekend. On Thursday night I went to the Tournament of Nerds at Meltdown comics. They took two popular comic book and movie characters and people were assigned a character to debate. Whoever won went on to the next round. I thought is was a pretty neat idea. Liz was debating for Chewbacca and Jeff for Voltron. Unfortunately the judges were also giant nerds that already knew who they were voting for before the people even debated so the debating was irrelevant. I found that annoying. The little back room at Meltdown was so hot and sweaty and there were just too many characters to stay for the whole event. I ended up leaving and getting a milkshake at Fat Burger. On the 4th of July, Friday, I went to a BBQ in Echo Park and then ended up at a beach house BBQ in Playa del Rey. I got to sit in the sand and watch the fireworks. I ventured out to put my feet in the ocean. You know you must be drunk when it is around midnight and you have your feet in the cold ocean and can't feel that it is cold. I lost at a drinking game after a day of drinking so I was pretty much a mess by the end of the night. I felt none to good the next day. I got changed and ready to go to Jessica's birthday party in the evening, I even made brownies. I just didn't make it out the door. I still felt a little sick, plus cranky and tired. I feel bad that I didn't go but I wouldn't have been a very good time if I had. Today I got cussed out by a complete stranger in the Trader Joes parking lot. It was actually rather upsetting. It has been a strange weekend.

No comments: